Monday, November 19, 2012

Project Proposal -- Stairwell









Here are my final ideas for my project proposal. I feel I've done a good job embodying my actual concepts, through my drawings, and my written explanations. One of the most important things for me was keeping all of my drawings, from the actual picture and off that, to scale. Not only was this a challenge, it helped me learn the importance of precision in a proposal. Every element of a proposal must be accurate enough to convey the meaning behind it. I made a few changes to my piece from its beginning stages, but overall the idea has remained pretty much the same. I think adding the textured element, along with the graphic of the cement bricks, really helps a viewer understand the mural with its context. Initially, I had wanted to create 3-D stairs that came out of my line drawing, but I realized I didn't want to do anything with the physical staircase so that seemed unnecessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment