Sunday, November 4, 2012

Site Research/Initial drafts


The photo of the site I chose. A stairwell with four slots to use, my initial idea was to paint a mural over the four segments. Although the actual stairs do a very good job of breaking each segment up, I thought it'd be interesting to try and make it a full mural that could be visible from the street. 

Here are my two draft ideas:

This isn't a great representation of the actual draft, due to the light and the translucence of the sketch paper. However, the idea is centered around falling water, and fish, and raindrops. More of an abstract design than anything, but incorporating the theme of water and also adding my own style to the piece. 


This is my second draft. I prefer the other. This one I was too distracted to get a concrete idea of what I wanted. The words I want to incorporate are lines from the poem Dover Beach, which discusses the industrial revolution, and the fight between nature and new technology. My drawing isn't a great representation of this, but if I can spend more time on it I feel I'd be able to better show my ideas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment